Users on the Growth and Profesional plan can activate an SSL certificate for their marketplace site. Enabling SSL not only helps keep your visitor’s information safe, having SSL on your marketplace keeps their mind at ease because it provides authentication and trust. Enable SSL for your marketplace is super easy:
Here’s how to enable SSL for your marketplace
- Make sure you’re subscribed to one of our Growth or Pro plan or upgrade here.
- Make sure the A-record of your custom marketplace domain point to 184.108.40.206
- Go to Settings > Marketplace and click on enable SSL
- Select if you like your marketplace to redirect to www or non-www by default
- Scroll down and click Save
Help, my marketplace shows a “not secure’ warning!
When you visit your marketplace site after enabling SSL and your browser give you a “not secure” warning like the one on the right, this means your SSL certificate was installed before the A-record was properly updated.
You should disable SSL and first make sure the A-record is pointing at 220.127.116.11 by following these steps. You can check by yourself if the A-record is updated correctly by going to https://intodns.com/ and look up your domain name. Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says: www
If all is okay, it should look like this:
Once IntoDns shows the correct A-record for your marketplace domain name you can go back into Efty and enable SSL again. This will install a new certificate and you are good to go!