Unless you have been living under a rock for the past months you probably know that after May 25th public access to WHOIS is going to change when the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will go into full effect. This privacy regulation will have a major impact on the domain name industry and how buyers find domain name owners.
When registries and/or registrars remove your name and contact information from the public WHOIS, this makes it pretty much impossible for buyers to research ownership of domain names to confirm ownership for a purchase or to inquire about buying a domain name in your portfolio.
In a recent DomainSherpa episode about GDPR, Andrew Rosener, CEO at domain name brokerage firm Media Options said:
“You need to put up a landing page or you need to have something on the landing page that gives people an option to access you because otherwise, you are going to be beholden to a Sedo and then Afternic and your registrar”
With more than 40+ different For-Sale landing page templates to choose from as well as an option to redirect all of your domain names to your own, custom domain name marketplace, Efty users are doing exactly that.
At Efty, we offer a myriad of features and customization options for domain name owners who understand the importance of a beautiful For-Sale landing page and for that reason we’re home to thousands of the world’s most valuable aftermarket domain names from portfolios of sellers and top-brokers around the globe.
With Efty you can:
- Write a custom description and unique selling points for each landing page.
- Upload a custom logo or background for each landing page.
- Choose from 40+ different templates including Make Offer, Buy-It-Now only and UDRP safe templates.
- Set a Minimum Offer amount.
- Force potential buyers to verify their email address before submitting an offer.
- Collect Name, E-mail, Phone number and IP address of potential buyers.
- Integrate with Escrow.com, DAN.COM, PayPal or Stripe to collect payment.
- Redirect visitors to SSL secure landing pages on Efty.com or your own custom marketplace.
- And last but not least: pay ZERO in commissions when your domains sell.
Be prepared and organized when public WHOIS goes dark later this month and make it easy for buyers to reach you or immediately purchase your domains without relying on external marketplaces and their commissions. Sign up for Efty today.